Hi, I’m Shally, a Program Manager on the Outlook Desktop team. I’m excited to share that you can now create polls in email!
This new feature will make taking the pulse of a given audience a snap.
Create polls in email
Have you ever had wanted a quick way to create a poll in email? Now you can! Just follow the steps below to give it a try.
1. Click the New Message button on the Home tab.
2. On the Insert tab, click the Poll button.
3. Create your poll by filling out the Quick Poll form.
4. When you’re done click the Insert poll into email button and notice that a link is added to your email.
When people within your organization open the message, it will appear as an inline poll.
This feature is currently available for users running Insider builds on Windows.
- Windows: Version 2004 Build 12730.20000 or later.
- Requires a Microsoft 365 subscription.
This feature is not available for Office 2019 or 2016.
We typically release features over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. This is true for Insiders as well. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as Insiders, have had the opportunity to try them.
- Card size limitation – There is a 2k card size limitation when composing the poll. If you exceed the limit, the poll card will not be inserted in the message.
- No card preview support – When you insert the poll into your email body, you will only see a link rather than the preview of the poll. We know that this is not optimal and are actively working to support a preview experience when creating and sending a poll.
- No way to enforce “one person, one vote” – Recipients can vote as many times as they want. We are aiming to address this issue in the next quarter.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them using the Help Improve Office button in the top right corner or click Help > Feedback. Learn more about what information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
With the Office Insider newsletter, you can get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!