My name is Aimee Leong, and I’m a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. Our team is constantly adding new types of rich media to enhance your Office creations and bring your stories and presentations to life. We’re happy to announce the latest addition to our premium content library: Cartoon People in Office!
Cartoon People in Office
Cartoon People illustrations are a fun way to create artwork and tell stories using a diverse set of characters and scenery. Now, you can put together just about any scene you can imagine, selecting from a huge variety of elements found in the premium content libraries of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. (See below for availability details.)
How it works
Ready to try out Cartoon People in Office?
- In any of the four apps, go to Insert > Icons to reveal the premium content library.
- Navigate to the Cartoon People section and select the desired pieces to create your character. Then click the Insert button to place the illustration on your canvas.
Scenarios to try
- Mix and match different parts of the body, head, facial expressions, accessories, and decorations to assemble your person.
- You can also choose from a wide variety of preassembled characters. (NOTE: You can ungroup the pieces later and customize them, if desired; see Tips and Tricks section.)
- Create an immersive cartoon scene by adding different backgrounds to give your illustration a polished look. Click the search suggestions for Scenes to peruse all the available backgrounds.
- Add color to any element of your illustration by ungrouping and selecting colors for each shape. To do so, ungroup the illustration by right-clicking it and selecting Ungroup and then selecting the piece you want to color and clicking Shape Fill or Shape Outline.
Tips and tricks
To change an aspect of your cartoon person, right-click the illustration and select Group > Ungroup, and then right-click the specific aspect (such as the face), select Change Graphic > From Stock Images, select the desired graphic, and click the Insert button.
You must be a Microsoft 365 subscriber to access the full library of premium content. Free users of Office on the web will be able to access a smaller subset of free content.
Perpetual users (Office 2016 and Office 2019) do not have access to the premium content library and will not be able to access Cartoon People.
The Cartoon People feature is available everywhere in Office that the premium content library is available, where the app also supports the SVG file format. These apps are:
- Windows: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Mac/iOS: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Office for the web: PowerPoint
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We’d love to hear what you think of Cartoon People in Office:
- In Windows, Mac, or the web, click Help > Feedback.
- In iOS, tap Help & Feedback, then tap Tell Us What You Like, or Tell Us What Can Be Better.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter and get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!