Hi, Microsoft 365 Insiders! We are excited to share the availability of avatars for Microsoft Teams in Teams Public Preview.
Avatars for Microsoft Teams
Avatars for Microsoft Teams gives you that much-needed camera break, while still allowing you to collaborate effectively. You can add a new layer of choice to your meetings and represent yourself the way you want with customizable avatars and reactions.
How it works
- To create your avatar, first download the Avatars app from the Teams App store by either clicking the Create your avatar button on the pre-join screen, or selecting More > Effects and avatars in-meeting.
- In the Avatars app, select from hundreds of combinations to customize an avatar that represents your physical attributes, wardrobe, accessories, and more.
- Before joining a Teams meeting, you can access Avatars from the quick tray when your camera is disabled.
- After joining a meeting, you can apply your avatar by selecting More > Effects and avatars.
Additional settings are provided to express yourself through avatar reactions, update your background, change your camera position and more!
Tips and Tricks
- Save up to three avatars for different meeting types, such as casual, professional, and day to day.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use Avatars for Microsoft Teams.
To be able to use this feature, users need to be members of the Teams Public Preview, and use Windows or macOS Teams client. Other users are not required to be members of the Teams Public Preview.
To enable your Teams client for the Public Preview, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams.
- If the Follow Office Preview option is selected, it will automatically enable Teams Public Preview features for any user enrolled in Office Current Channel (Preview). There are no more actions required by the end user.
- If the Enabled option is selected, the end user must also opt in to Teams public preview in their Teams app to get access to Teams Public Preview features.
We want to hear from you! Please click Help > Give feedback to send us your thoughts about this feature. This is located in the bottom left corner of your Teams client.