Hi, Office Insiders! My name is Aaron Liu. I’m a Product Manager on the Forms team and focused on the Polls app in Teams. I’m excited to share with you a new feature which helps you to quickly engage with your audience and collect feedback: Instant Poll.
Today, you likely are using the Polls app in Teams meetings to drive engagement and alignment. To help you, as a meeting organizer, take the pulse of your audience and gather opinions and feedback during the meeting, we are glad to introduce the ability to launch an instant poll.
With a single click, you can launch one of three pre-defined poll types:
- Thumbs up/Thumbs down
To share their opinion, attendees just click the appropriate option button – No need to click Submit!
How it works
- During a meeting for which you are the organizer, click the Polls button.
- Voice verbally the question you would like your audience to answer.
- In the Polls pane, in the Launch instant poll section, select the option set you want to use.
Scenarios to try
During a meeting for which you are the organizer, gauge support for a proposal by:
- Asking attendees verbally “Do you agree with this proposal?”
- Clicking the Thumb up/Thumbs down button to launch an instant poll.
- Checking the real-time results to make the decision.
- The Yes/No option set is not translated and remains in English for all users, regardless of language and locale settings.
This feature is available to all Business and Education subscribers.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com