Hi, I’m Sai, a Program Manager on the Office Mobile team. I’m happy to introduce Document Headings for easier navigation in your Word for iOS and Android documents. This feature was modeled after the navigation pane you know and love and improves the experience of reading large documents on your phone and tablet.
We’ve heard from you that reading long documents on a mobile device can be difficult and anything we could do to make moving through the document would be welcome. Using the Navigation pane, you can use the Document Headings to skip ahead and back to the relevant sections of your file.
How it works
- Open a long document in Word on your mobile device.
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper-right side of the menu bar to open the More Options menu.
- Tap Document Headings.
- In the Headings pane, scroll through the list to access different sections of your document.
Tips and tricks
- We will identify the headings that are in Bold but don’t have the Heading styles.
This feature is available to iOS Insiders running Version 2.44 (20112905) or later and Android Insiders running Build 16.0.13530.20022 or later.
We typically release features over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. This is true for Insiders as well. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as Insiders, have had the opportunity to try them.
If you have any feedback or suggestions:
- In Word for Android: tap Settings > Send Feedback, and then tap I like something, I don’t like something, or I have an idea.
In Word for iOS: tap Settings > Help & Feedback, and then tap Tell Us What You Like, or Tell Us What Can Be Better.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter and get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!