Hey, Microsoft 365 Insiders! My name is Ridhima Gupta, and I’m a Product Manager on the Office Video team. I’m always looking for ways to help you tell your story in the most compelling way, which is why I’m excited to introduce you to Recording Studio in PowerPoint for Mac!
Elevate your presentations with Recording Studio in PowerPoint for Mac
Are you anxious before you give a presentation? Do you wish you could present like a pro? With Recording Studio, you can alleviate your presentation anxiety and present like a professional. Just record your presentation and share it. You can do it all asynchronously, at your own pace, in your own words, in your own space. No more worrying about coordinating schedules or finding the perfect meeting time.
Say goodbye to boring, static slides and say hello to the power of video!
How it works
- Open the PowerPoint presentation for which you want to record a video to share.
- In the top-right corner, select the Record button, or select Record > From Beginning or Record > From Current Slide.
NOTE: To record engaging and dynamic camera layouts, design your slides with cameo object by select Record > Cameo.
- To personalize your recording view, select the Views
- To refer to your script while recording, select Views > Teleprompter.
- You can choose to record your video or just your audio by using the Camera and Microphone
- You can also blur your background to help your viewers focus on your message by selecting Camera > Blur Background.
- When you’re ready, select the Record button.
NOTE: All animations, transitions, and inking on the slide are also recorded.
- To preview your recorded video, select the Play
NOTE: If you’re not happy with your recording, you can delete and re-record.
- When you’re done, select Record > Export as Video to export your presentation as a video.
Tips and Tricks
- You can use keyboard shortcuts to easily record your video in Recording Studio. Select the Tips button to view the full list of shortcuts available.
- Noticed a typo on your slide? Don’t worry! You can correct the typo and export again without re-recording your video.
- Can’t make it to a meeting where you need to present? Record your video on the slides to present even when you’re not there.
- You must use a computer equipped with a webcam and microphone to record audio or video in Recording Studio.
- You must give camera permission to PowerPoint in your computer’s privacy settings.
This feature is rolling out to Insiders running Beta Channel Version 16.75 (Build 23060201) or later.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Although this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We hope you love this PowerPoint feature. To submit feedback, please click Help > Feedback and let us know what you think.