Hi, Microsoft 365 Insiders! My name is Ekta Dwivedy and I am the Product Manager on the PowerPoint team. I am excited to share with you that you can now convert PowerPoint slides or even an entire presentation into an animated GIF.
Export slides as an animated GIF in PowerPoint for iPad
We heard from many you that you love the ability to create an animated GIF out of different slides or convert an existing presentation into an animated GIF while keeping its animations intact in PowerPoint for Windows and PowerPoint for Mac.
We are happy to deliver and bring this capability to PowerPoint for iPad.
How it works
1. Open the presentation that contains the content you want to convert into an animated GIF.
2. Tap the File menu (triple dot) in the top right corner of the ribbon, and then tap Create GIF.
3, In the Animated GIF dialog box, select the Quality setting you want.
4. Under Slide Range, specify the slides you want to use when creating the animated GIF.
5. Under Time per Slide (seconds), specify how long you each slide should be displayed in the animated GIF.
6. If you’d like to make existing background transparent, turn on the Transparent Background toggle.
7. To create the animated GIF, tap Export.
8. In the Export dialog box, preview the animated GIF that has been created.
9. When you’re ready to make the animated GIF available to others, tap Share and select the option you want.
This feature is available to Office Insiders running Version 2.70 (Build 23012202) or later.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, tap your profile photo, then tap Help & Feedback, and then tap Tell Us What You Like, or Tell Us What Can Be Better.