Happy new year, Office Insiders! I’m Nancy, a Product Manager on the Office Scripts team. My team and I are excited to help you start your year off right with the ability to record repetitive spreadsheet tasks and turn them into replayable Office Scripts in Excel for Windows and Excel for Mac.
Record worksheet actions using Office Scripts
How it works
1. Open any existing workbook.
2. Select Automate >Record Actions (Preview).
3. Record actions in your workbook.
4. When you’re done recording, click the Stop recording button in the Record Actions (Preview) task pane to save the recorded actions into a script that you can run at any time on any workbook.
Not all actions are recordable at this time—we are continuing to add support to increase the number of recordable actions. We encourage you to continue trying to record actions useful to your workflow as that will help us prioritize the order in which we add support.
To use Office Scripts in Excel for Windows or Excel for Mac, you must have the following.
- A stable internet connection.
- A commercial (E3/E5) or Education Microsoft 365 subscription.
- For Windows users only: Microsoft Edge WebView2 installed. To learn more, see Microsoft Edge WebView2 and Microsoft 365 Apps.
This feature is available to Office Insiders running:
- Windows: Version 2212 (Build 15922.20000) or later
- Mac: Version 16.68 (Build 22120101) or later
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
Please select Help > Feedback to submit your feedback about this feature. Include the phrase “Office Scripts” in your feedback to ensure it reaches our team. We’re excited to hear from you!