Hi, Office Insiders! My name is Kimberley Chua, and I’m a Product Manager on the Word team. Previously, we shared with you some new improvements to Track Changes in Word for the web. I’m excited to let you know that we’re now bringing similar improvements to Word for Windows and Word for Mac: new Track Changes cards!
New Track Changes cards
Collecting and acting on feedback about your document is a critical factor in creating great content, and the Track Changes feature in Word is an essential part of that process. Now we’ve added new Track Changes cards, which make it easier to review a change before you accept or reject it.
How it works
Ready to give the new Track Changes cards a try?
1. When working in any Word document that contains tracked changes and shows all revisions inline, click on a tracked change in the text.
2. Review the suggested change in the card that pops up.
3. Hover over the Accept () or Reject () button to see a preview of what that action would look like in your document text.
NOTE: This preview feature only functions in Word for Windows.
4. Accept or reject the suggested change, as desired.
We are rolling out the new Track Changes cards to Beta Channel users running the following builds:
- Windows: Version 2205 (Build 15204.20000) or later
- Mac: Version 16.61 (Build 22040700) or later
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We are actively working on this feature, and your feedback is key to guiding future improvements. You can submit comments by clicking Help > Feedback; please tag your feedback with #trackchanges to make sure we see it!
Learn more about what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people.
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter, and you’ll get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month.