Welcome goblins, pumpkins, and ghosts to a special Halloween post! Within this blog, we’ll explore how to use Microsoft 365 apps to create spooky videos, haunting sketches, and scary stories. For those who celebrate Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos), we’ve thought of you, too.
Spooktacular design tools for kids, parents, and teachers
Ready to celebrate? Here are a few ideas about how to use videos to make your get-together (whether in person or virtual) a smashing success.
- Share your own frightening live video stream with family and friends by using Recording Studio in PowerPoint.
- Have a virtual Halloween or Day of the Dead Teams call to share your costumes, the candy load you brought home, or to honor passed on loved ones.
- Use cameo in PowerPoint to organize and share party or costume ideas.
- Use 2 video camera streams with Teams by sharing content with one camera and staying connected to your friends and family with the other.
Check out the blogs below for detailed steps:
|Enhancements to cameo in PowerPoint for Windows and Mac||Enable second video stream with Teams Content Camera|
|Get live feedback during PowerPoint presentations with Microsoft Teams|
Haunting sketches and party planning
Are you the party planner in your neighborhood or the homeroom parent for your child’s class? Grab your pen, open OneNote, and let your creative juices flow!
- Draw sketches of the classroom and where each activity will take place during Halloween or Day of the Dead celebration.
- Sketch Halloween or Day of the Dead characters and add them to a banner to welcome guests to your home or school.
- Plan a get together and assign tasks to other parents or guests to ensure that the block or classroom Halloween or Day of the Dead party goes off without a hitch.
Learn more by taking a look at any of the blogs below:
|Have a happy Halloween with premium images|
|Capture notes quickly with Dictate in OneNote|
|New Draw tab and ink tools in OneNote on Windows|
|Enhanced Pen & Ink experience in Quick Notes in OneNote on Windows|
With tales-a-plenty floating around during Halloween, why not create your own hair-raising story and bring your characters to life with our Microsoft 365 tools:
- Spin a thrilling Halloween tale and include Halloween or Day of the Dead premium images in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook to enhance your stories and make them come to life.
- Build a PowerPoint presentation using Halloween or Day of the Dead art created by students as background visuals during a school assembly.
- Create a Word template with specific words and phrases that you can pass around in the classroom that helps the whole class create a combined story.
To help you make these ideas happen, visit any of the blogs below for detailed steps:
Toil, boil, and bubble with Microsoft Create
Whether in the classroom or the living room, kids can create videos, graphic design documents, social media video posts, and more with Microsoft Create. You can use this tool to:
- Create the perfect pumpkin design to carve the winning pumpkin.
- Create a ghost template and design a coloring contest for the best coloring project.
- Create a Halloween flyer or invitation for your Halloween or Day of the Dead party.
- Make a ghostly video complete with a flashlight under your chin and narrate your best Halloween story to share.
Ready to try? Learn more in this post: Get inspired with templates, tools, and tips from Microsoft Create.
We want to hear from you! Please click Help > Feedback to submit your thoughts about these features and how you’ve used them to celebrate Halloween or Day of the Dead.