Howdy, Office Insiders! My name is Eleanor Huynh, and I’m a Product Manager on the PowerPoint team. I’m happy to share with you that keeping objects lined up in your presentations is easier than ever, now that gridlines are available in PowerPoint for Mac!
Gridlines in PowerPoint for Mac
The popular Gridlines feature you love in PowerPoint for Windows is now available for the Mac. This handy feature applies a grid of dotted lines across your slide and gives you visual cues, making it simple to align shapes, images, text boxes, and more when creating your slides.
How it works
Ready to give gridlines in PowerPoint for Mac a try?
1. Open an existing presentation and select a slide.
2. On the View tab, select the Gridlines check box.
Gridlines will appear across your slide.
3. To hide the gridlines, clear the Gridlines box.
Scenarios to try
- Use gridlines to line up all the images in a presentation in the same location across your slides.
- Create two text boxes on a slide and line them up vertically or horizontally.
Tips and tricks
An alternate way to access this feature:
1. Open an existing presentation and select a slide that contains both text and visual elements.
2. Right-click on a slide and select Grid and Guides > Gridlines from the context menu.
We will be rolling out Gridlines in PowerPoint to Office Insiders running Beta Channel Version 16.62 (Build 22050804) or later on Mac.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We want to hear from you! Please click Help > Feedback to submit your feedback about this feature.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter and get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!