Hi, Microsoft 365 Insiders! My name is Allen Reitter, and I’m a Product Manager on the PowerPoint team. I’m very excited to share that you can now create, assign, and resolve tasks without leaving PowerPoint for Windows, PowerPoint for Mac, and PowerPoint for the web.
Tasks in PowerPoint
Collaborating with others on your slides is often required to get your content ready to be shared and presented. Using tasks, you can stay organized, save time, and avoid confusion over what needs to be done, by whom, and when.
How it works
- Open an existing PowerPoint presentation and add a comment by selecting Insert > Comment.
- In the body of the comment, @mention the individual to whom you wish to assign a task and select the Assign to check box to create a task and send an email notification to the assignee.
- To mark a task as completed, just click the Resolve task button.
NOTE: You can also click the More thread actions button and click Resolve task.
We are rolling out this feature to users of PowerPoint for the web and to Insiders running:
- Windows: Version 2212 (Build 16026.20084) or later
- Mac: Version 16.69 (Build 23010700) or later
We are continuing to enhance the feature and plan to add elements like due dates, titles, and multiple assignees in the future.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
We want to hear from you! Please click Help > Feedback to send us your thoughts about this feature.