Hi, Office Insiders, my name is Mohit Anand, and I’m a Program Manager on the PowerPoint team. I’m glad to share that a new scenario is now available in Word for the web. You can now export Word documents into PowerPoint presentations.
Word documents to PowerPoint presentations
Have you ever wished you could easily export an existing Word document into a great PowerPoint presentation? If so, the wait is over!
When you use the Export command, it creates a presentation based on all the summarized sections of the document. It also adds imagery, icons, videos, themes, and fonts using AI.
How it works
To turn your Word document into a PowerPoint presentation:
- Open any document you want to convert into a presentation in Word for the web.
- Click File > Export > Export to PowerPoint presentation.
- When prompted, choose a design theme for your presentation.
- Click Open presentation to review the results in PowerPoint for the web.
- The presentation will be created in the OneDrive root folder of the user who used this option.
Scenarios to try
- Open a Word document and explore the available PowerPoint themes.
- Open a Word document that is mostly text and see which AI-backed assets are added by clicking on Export.
- This feature is currently only available in English.
- It is not available in the Internet Explorer and Safari browser.
- We only support text content for the transformation to presentation, other media content support is not currently available. You can add your own media to the presentation after you have exported your Word document.
Export your document to PowerPoint presentation is rolling out to all Word for the web users shortly.
Features are released over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. Therefore, we highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Additionally, sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as Insiders, have had the opportunity to try them.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them by clicking Help > Feedback.
Learn more about what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people.
We’re excited to hear from you! Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter, and you’ll get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month.