Hello Office Insiders, I’m Lishan Yu, a program manager on the PowerPoint team. You might have heard that we announced the PowerPoint Live in Teams feature at Microsoft Ignite last month. Today, I’m excited to show you how to check out this new experience, and start presenting in Teams meetings from PowerPoint.
Presenting in Teams meetings
Presenting in a meeting used to be as simple as clicking Slide Show in your PowerPoint deck. Nowadays, even though you may not be in the same room as your audience, we believe your flow to present should be as easy and intuitive – clicking the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint is the only step you need to take to present the deck in your Teams meeting!
How it works
Give the feature a try next time you need to present in a Teams meetings:
- Join a Teams meeting or an ad-hoc Teams call.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint for Windows.
- Click the Present in Teams button in the top right corner.
Scenarios to try
Ready to take the PowerPoint Live feature for a spin? Try some of the scenarios below.
As a presenter:
- After clicking the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint, notice that you can see both the chat and your content at the same time in Teams (and don’t feel like you’re missing out on the discussion).
- Take advantage of features like grid review and slide notes to present more effectively.
As an audience member:
- If you joined late, move back through the deck and quickly catch up without having to ask the presenter to stop and recap what was already shared.
- Interact with and experience the richness of the content being presented such as better video quality, live web links, and more.
- Make any adjustments you need to more fully enjoy the presentation (i.e., use high-contrast mode).
In order to try out the feature, you will need to:
- Have the latest Teams desktop app installed.
- Store the presentation on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.
- Join a Teams meeting before clicking the Present in Teams button in PowerPoint for Windows.
- Be using an Office 365 E3/A3, Office 365 E5/A5, or Microsoft 365 for Government license.
This feature is rolling out over the next several days to Insiders running Beta Channel Version 2104 (Build 13926.20000) and later.
We’d love your feedback, so please let us know how you think. To get in touch, do either of the following:
- Inside the app, select the Help button in the top-right corner of the app.
- Respond to this post or tweet at @OfficeInsider.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter and get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month!