Hi, Office Insiders, I’m Priya Ganta, a Program Manager on the Outlook team. I’m excited to share that you can now pin important messages to the top of your mailbox in Outlook for Mac.
Pin important messages
We know many of you have wanted this feature for a long time. In fact, you have been requesting the ability to pin messages on UserVoice for a while. We heard you! You can now keep track of messages you need to go back to or ones you’d like to save as a reminder by pinning them to the top of your Inbox.
How it works
- To pin a message and keep it at the top of your Inbox, in the message list, hover over the message you want to pin, and then click the Pin icon that appear to the right of the message title.
- To unpin a message, hover over the message, and then click the Unpin icon .
Tips and tricks
- You can pin messages in folders to stay organized.
- You cannot change the order of the pins.
- The Pin feature is not available in built-in folders such as Drafts, Archive, Sent or Deleted Items.
This feature is available only in New Outlook for Mac. Need to get New Mac Outlook, check this page!
This feature is available to users running Beta Channel Version 16.49 (Build 21042501) or later. It is also available in Outlook on the web, and we’re working to bring the feature to Outlook for Android and Outlook for iOS.
We typically release features over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. This is true for Insiders as well. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as Insiders, have had the opportunity to try them.
You can submit feedback in Outlook by clicking Help > Contact Support
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We are excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter, and you’ll get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month.