Hello, Office Insiders! My name is Monique Nichols, and I’m a Product Manager on the Mobile & Cross-Device team. I am excited to share that you can now insert images from your Android phone directly into Word for the web documents and PowerPoint for the web presentations.
Insert pictures from your Android phone
Do you take most of your photos on your phone? Is getting your photos from a mobile device into Office documents difficult and time consuming? We are happy to share that you can accomplish these tasks directly within Word for the web and PowerPoint for the web. Just use the new Insert picture from mobile device command, and quickly add visual interest and pizzaz to your content.
How it works
- In Word for the web or PowerPoint for the web, open an existing document or presentation, or create a blank document or presentation,
- In Word for the Web or PowerPoint for the web, select Insert > Pictures > Mobile Device.
- Using your camera or another QR code scanner, scan the QR code with your Android device. NOTE: If you do not have the Link to Windows app on your mobile device, you may be routed to the Google Play Store to download it.
- To pair your Android device with your work or school account, follow the onscreen instructions.
- After you’ve successfully paired your device to your account, you will see the pictures from your Android phone that are available to be inserted in Word for the web documents or PowerPoint for the web presentations.
Tips and tricks
- This feature supports same image sizes, dimensions, and file types as currently supported by Word for the web and PowerPoint for the web.
- To replace an existing photo or graphic with one from your mobile device, right-click the image you’d like to replace and select Change Picture > From Mobile Device.
- Have an active Microsoft 365 subscription associated with your work or school account.
- Use an Android phone.
- If using Firefox, ensure that you are using Version104.0 or later.
This feature is available to all Word for the web and PowerPoint for the web users.
Don’t have it yet? It’s probably us, not you.
Features are released over some time to ensure things are working smoothly. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Sometimes we remove elements to further improve them based on your feedback. Though this is rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product, even if you, as an Insider, have had the opportunity to try it.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them by navigating to Help > Feedback in Word for the web or PowerPoint for the web.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure its actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!