Hi, Insiders! My name is Sabareesh Nikhil Chinta, and I am a Program Manager on the Outlook for Mac team. I am thrilled to share a new onboarding flow that will help you transition from the current Outlook to the new Outlook for Mac seamlessly.
Wondering why you should start using the new Outlook? Wonder no more! We have created an onboarding flow to ease your transition, give you the opportunity to customize your experience, and support you as you make the move to the new experience.
How it works
The onboarding flow is made of three components:
- In-app notifications: You may already have been “nudged” to transition to the new Outlook when using the current one. You may have seen in-app notifications that describe the features in the new Outlook and how they can add value and help boost your productivity and efficiency. You see these prompts at regular intervals and can enable the new experience by simply clicking the Try It Now button. You can also manually bring up those in-app notifications by clicking Help > Learn about the New Outlook.
- First run experience: It is automatically displayed when you enter the new Outlook for the first time. You can also bring it up manually by clicking Personalize the New Outlook in the What’s New checklist (see below for more information).
- What’s New checklist: It appears, in the What’s New task pane, when you either complete the first run experience or choose to end it before its completion. The checklist includes several items that allow you to navigate the new experience effectively, and with the items you already completed checked off the list. To check out any flow, just click the corresponding item in the checklist.
Tips & Tricks
- To open the What’s New checklist, click the What’s New button in the top right corner.
- The What’s New checklist disappears when all the items are completed or 45 days after you have transitioned to the new Outlook experience – whichever comes first.
- To get the most out of the onboarding flow, finish every item on the What’s New checklist.
- We recommend that you personalize the layout of your toolbar to make sure your favorite items are only a click away by clicking the Customize your toolbar option in the What’s New checklist.
This feature is available to Beta Channel users running Version 16.51 (Build 21060600) or later.
We typically release features over some time to ensure that things are working smoothly. This is true for Insiders as well. We highlight features that you may not have because they’re slowly releasing to larger numbers of Insiders. Similarly, sometimes we remove elements to improve them. Though rare, we also reserve the option to pull a feature entirely out of the product.
You can submit feedback in Outlook by clicking Help > Contact Support.
Learn what other information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We are excited to hear from you!
Sign up for the Office Insider newsletter, and you’ll get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month.